As you may know, that the Government of India has now made it mandatory to link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card for identification verification. The deadline for this process is the 31st of March 2018. Though the whole process of verification by visiting the mobile network customer centers can be really tiring, UIDAI has come up with the OTP ( One Time Password ) based verification system. By using this particular system, you can easily link your mobile numbers with your Aadhar directly from your home.
This new method of verification has come into action only since the 1st of this new year, that is January 1st, 2018. How to go about this new process is pretty simple. All one has to do is that the users who still have not linked the Aadhaar with the mobile number can now call up the IVR that would complete the process through a one-time password as mentioned above.
What the whole IVR process does is that it supports English, Hindi, and several regional languages. As soon as the user calls the IVR and gives his approval or consent for verification with the Aadhar number, they would automatically receive the OTP code. After that this code, if verified to be correct then the mobile number would also be verified and get linked to your Aadhar. The Government of India had announced this process in the start of December, and finally, this whole process has leaped into action since the telecoms had requested some time to make suitable changes once it was allowed by the telecom department.
All of the users who need to verify their mobile number can
- Call the IVR number 14546 which is a toll-free number
- Accept your consent to link your Aadhaar number with your mobile number by pressing 1
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm
- This step generates the OTP, which you will receive on your mobile phone
- Now, you need to enter your phone number
- Accept your consent for it to fetch your name, date of birth, home address which is linked to your mobile number
- The IVR now mentions the last four digits of your number to confirm that you have keyed in the right number
- If the number is correct, Enter the OTP that you have received through SMS
- You must press 1 to complete the Aadhaar-mobile number re-verification process
- You will get an SMS confirming the Re-verification, which also says that the process will take up to a maximum of 48 hours to complete
- If you have another phone number, you can link that too by pressing 2 and following the steps provided by the IVR system. Keep your other mobile phone handy as you will receive the OTP on this number.
As per our knowledge, only some networks are working which are only Idea, Vodafone, and Airtel, but we expect other networks to join very soon.